From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmer and member of the board of directors of the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association.
He grew up in Washington State where he started competitive swimming at the age of seven. He was a four-year college letterman in swimming and graduated with an engineering degree from the University of Idaho. His first job upon graduation brought him to California where he continued swimming and participated in some open water events.
Open Water Swimming Career
He has completed several long open water swims including the Semana Nautica six-mile ocean swim and Seal Beach Rough Water Swim as well as been a pace swimmer on multiple Anacapa Channel swims. In the summer of 2013, he will make a solo attempt to swim the Anacapa Island channel and Santa Cruz Island channel as part of a relay. He has been an observer on several Catalina Channel and Channel Islands swims. He trains in the pool and ocean with the Ventura County Masters, home of the legendary Ventura Deep Six Relay. He was also a member of the Live Bait relay team.
- Live Bait And Aged Chum In Open Water
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Facebook page for DRIVEN
- Are You DRIVEN?
- Peer-to-Peer Pressure From Pier-to-Pier
- Anacapa Relays Swim With A Fin In The Water
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Survivors Fear No Pier Down The California Coast
- The First Attempt From San Miguel To Santa Rosa