Swim to the Moon
The Swim to the Moon is a multi-race open water swimming event in Harbor Springs, Michigan, USA. It offers 1/2-mile, 1.2-mile, 5 km and 10 km marathon swims in the beautiful Halfmoon Lake through the Hiland Chain of Lakes near Hell, Michigan.
It is one of America's Top 100 Open Water Swims.
The 10 km race starts at Halfmoon Lake Beach and participants swim to the start of the 5 km and turn around. The 5 km starts at the old University of Michigan Fresh Air Camp on the west shore of Patterson Lake, site of soon-to-be North Star Reach. The 5 km participants swim south and east through the heavily forested Pinckney Recreation Area, passing through five lakes along the way. Scattered cottages are the only signs of civilization. All races will finish at the State beach on the east shore of Halfmoon Lake.
Awards are presented to all the Swim Michigan Series finishers during the award ceremony of Swim to the Moon.
1. Diamond Lake Open Water Challenge in Cassopolis, Michigan 2.5 km, 5 km, 10 km swims on 5 June 2012
2. Coastal Crawl in Harbor Springs, Michigan 1 mile, 2 mile, 3 mile swims on 5 August 2012
3. Swim to the Moon in Pinckney, Michigan 1/2 mile, 1.2 mile, 5 km, 10 km swims on 12 August 2012
Swim to the Moon and Swim Michigan Series Contact
- Diamond Lake Open Water Challenge website
- Swim to the Moon website
- Coastal Crawl website
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Feodor Orlov On Tackling The Kingdom Swim