From Openwaterpediatriathlon and swimming educational company in South Florida, founded and managed by Thaddeus Gamory.
Thaddeus Gamory is a Certified USA Swimming and ASCA Level 2 swimming coach, a Certified USA Triathlon Level 1 and Youth and Junior Coach, a Certified USA Triathlon Race Director, a U.S. Masters Swimming Member and Coach of the Lauderdale Lakes Stingrays Masters, a Red Cross Lifeguard, a PADI Open Water Diver, a RRCA Certified Running Coach, and a USA Cycling Certified Level 2 Coach. A former New York City Police Department lieutenant and the retired Police Academy Department Chairman from New York City (January 1982 - January 2002), he is now focused on coaching and increasing swimming competency amongst diverse populations as well as the prevention of unintentional drowning in South Florida.
He also serves as the Triathlon Council Chair, of the Diversity in Aquatics Program, interested in finding ways of increasing diversity in the sports of swimming, triathlons and open water swimming. He coaches a group of athletes from Black Girls Run South Florida and has been getting them ready for open water swimming and triathlons, using innovating training methods with the Safer Swimmer device.
Gamory is also the Chairman and Founder of the Safer Triathlon and Open Water Swim (S.T.O.W.S.) - Training and Competition Committee located in Broward County as part of the Broward County Drowning Prevention Task Force, National Drowning Prevention Alliance, and the Diversity in Aquatics Program. The ISHOF Safer Swimmer Device is used in training to design and promote training to get swimmers over their fears and help them gain increased competence in open bodies of water.
Coach Thaddeus has coached competitive swimming for youth and adults at David Posnack Hebrew Day School in Sunrise, Broward County YMCA in Weston, Midtown Weston Aquatics in Weston, and the Raritan Bay Area YMCA in Perth Amboy, New Jersey. He is a founding member of the Bay City Y Aquatics Masters swim club, Broward Barracudas Triathlon Club/Open Water Swim Coordinator, and a former member of the New Jersey, Local Masters Swimming Committee, Triathlon Liaison.
- Bay City Y Aquatics - Masters Swim Coach/ Competitive Stroke Development Instructor/ Triathlon Training Club Coordinator and Coach, Raritan Bay Area Y, Perth Amboy New Jersey, July 2010 – December 2010
- Midtown Weston Aquatics at Midtown Athletic Club - Age Group and Masters Swim Coach, Weston, Florida, September 2008 – May 2010
- YMCA of Broward County - Masters Swim Coach/Age Group Assistant Swim Coach, Weston, Florida, July 2007 - July 2008
- Broward County Public Schools - Substitute High School Teacher, Fort Lauderdale, Florida April 2006 - September 2007
- David Posnack, Hebrew Day School - High School Swim Coach, Sunrise, Florida September 2006 - November 2006
- USA Triathlon Certified Coach Level 1, Hollywood Florida, March 2012
- Lifeguarding Certification, American Red Cross of Palm Beach County, Florida, 2011
- World Clinic, American Swimming Coaches Association, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 2009
- World Clinic, American Swimming Coaches Association, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2008
- Certified Swim Coach Level II, American Swimming Coaches Association, 2007
- Dryland Training Course, American Swimming Coaches Association, 2007
- Introduction/Intermediate Swimming/Instruction Course, Jane Katz Ph.D, New York, 1991
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida 2005 – 2005, commenced Master’s of Non-Profit Management Degree Program
- City University of New York, School of Law, New York, 1998 – 2000, completed 3 academic semesters
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York 1984 - 1991, Bachelor of Arts Degree – Public and Governmental Administration; Cum Laude