From OpenwaterpediaBox jellyfish (class Cubozoa) distinguished by their cube-shaped medusae that are known for the extremely potent venom produced by some species. The Chironex fleckeri, Carukia barnesi and Malo kingi are among the most venomous creatures in the world. Stings from these species are extremely painful.
The swimmer got out of water due to numerous stings of stingers in the water.
- The Cuba Swim, Traditional Marathon Swimming It Is Not
- I Got Stung
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Venomous Creatures of the Seas
- Box Jellyfish
- Open Water Swimming website
- Keri-Anne Payne Talks About Jellyfish And The Olympics
- You Could Hear The Screams
- Stinging Sensations - And A Cure
- Jellyfish Gone Wild
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
- Protection Against Stingers Splits Down The Middle
- Marine Marks And Memories Among Open Water Swimmers
- New Ways To Fight Box Jellyfish To Be Announced
- Chloe McCardel Dreams Big In Bathers, Goggles, Cap
- Photo Imaging of Diana Nyad
- Photo Imaging Jellyfish In The Ocean
- What Stopped Chloë McCardel?
- Chloë McCardel Defeated By Jellies
- Theodore Yach Is 76 And Counting
- Magnetic Island to Townsville Open Water Swim
- Magnetic Island Continues Sans Shark Cages
- First Caged, Then Set Free
- At 25, Barbara Pellick Does Another Rotto