Stage swims can also have more than a 24-hour break between each leg.
The stage swim from Los Angeles to San Diego was conducted over ten days.
 Types of Stage Swims
A stage swim is different from a Continuous stage swim. In a traditional stage swim, the swimmer begins the swim on each day at the exact point where the swim on the previous day was finished. In a Continuous stage swim, the swimmer is allowed to float with the currents and tides and begins the swim on each day at whatever point the swimmer wishes.
The swim can be Assisted or Unassisted. If Assisted, the swimmer can wear or benefit from a wetsuit, protective swimwear, technical swimsuit, fins, paddles, wetsuit, shark cage or protective jellyfish cage. If Unassisted, the swimmer wears only traditional swimwear (as defined by the English Channel swimming community), goggles, ear plugs and one swim cap. In either Assisted or Unassisted swims, the stage swimmer can swim together with a pace swimmer.
- Jennifer Figge's Stage Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- A Peaceful End To The 1400K Swim Across Tunisia
- Jennifer Figge's Stage Across The Atlantic
- How Far Did Jennifer Figge Swim Across The Atlantic?
- Coast To Coast Boast Returns To Orange County
- Atlantic Crossing 4 - You Can't See Where You're Going
- Scarred For Life On A Starry, Starry Night In Arizona
- Differences Between Men And Women In The Open Water
- S.C.A.R. To Begin Tomorrow
- Better East Than West
- Fast Times, Camaraderie On S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge Day 2
- Day One, Stage One At S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Grace Van Der Byl Goes 3 For 3 After 17
- Explaining The International Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame
- Boat Assisted Swims Around Manhattan Island
- The Feeling Of Finishing, From Fatigue To Felicity
- Miles Of Smiles From Mozambique To Madagascar
- Swimming Where No Man Has Swum Before
- Many Miles Longer And Wider Than A Mile
- Ned Denison Is Swimming On Cloud Nine
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- The 1-2-3s Of Open Water Swimming
- Top 25 Terms In Openwaterpedia
- Don't Just Be. Be Relentless
- Be Relentless, Norma Bastidas
- Where Women Dominate
- Mo Goes For Mo'
- It Was A Mad, Mad Swim Across The Mozambique Channel
- Marathoning From Mozambique To Madagascar
- Bering Down On Tough, Hardened Adventurers Of South Africa
- Jonno Proudfoot, Thane Williams: Adventurers Extraordinaire
- Butterflyer Has A S.C.A.R. In Arizona
- Brad Lundblad Overcomes Lyme, Completes 4-Day S.C.A.R.
- 4 Long Days, 4 Longer Swims For Kristin Jones
- Arizona S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge Facebook page
- The 36 Cent Stage Swim