From Openwaterpediarelay open water swim in one direction across a channel, lake, river or other open body of water under the traditional rules of open water swimming or marathon swimming. A crossing by a solo swimmer or relay may encounter marine life, currents, eddies, waves, and tides.
The swimmer set the single-crossing record for the Molokai Channel.
Tsugaru Channel Relay Crossing
Video of Chris Kraus, Rick Gaenzle and Brian Ross relay crossing of the Tsugaru Channel courtesy of Masayuki Moriya of Ocean-navi and the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Eddie Spelling Brings Channel Swimming To The Home
- Marathon Swimming
- What Does The Tsugaru Channel Look Like?
- Ned Denison Is Swimming On Cloud Nine
- 2013 Season Results From Asociación De Cruce A Nado Del Estrecho De Gibraltar
- Landmarks, Monuments And Memorials Of Open Water Swimmers
- Ka’iwi Channel Swim 2.0, Insanely Interesting
- Safeguarding Swims With The Japan Coast Guard