From OpenwaterpediaDr. Sakura Hingley is a member of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming. She completed the Catalina Channel in 2009 in 10 hours 57 minutes, the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 2010 in 8 hours 24 minutes, the English Channel in 2005 in 11 hours 8 minutes and the Maui Channel and the Strait of Gibraltar among her other marathon swims. She is a Paediatric ST3 at the Royal London Hospital. She studied at Queen Mary, University of London and is a committee member with the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation that governs swims across the English Channel. She has done research on hypothermia in open water swimmers, using the members of the Serpentine Swimming Club as subjects.
She has also participated in three English Channel relays in 2009 in 13 hours 41 minutes, in 2007 in 12 hours 23 minutes and in 2004 in 10 hours 14 minutes.
- Dr. Sakura Hingley Facebook page
- Sakura Hingley in Channel
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation website
- Channel Swimming and Piloting Federation website
- NYC Swim bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming website
- Open Water Swimming website
- Oceans Seven List - September 2012
- When Love And Open Water Swimming Mix
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming Water
- Anticipating And Dealing With The Cold
- The Perfect Female Open Water Swimmer
- Living Out Of A Swimsuit And Suitcase, Traveling With Held
- 1 + 1 > 2 In The Open Water Swimming World