Wong is the Honorary Secretary of the Hong Kong Amateur Swimming Association and the Chairman of the FINA Technical Open Water Swimming Committee (TOWSC) that is responsible for advising, analyzing, appointing, investigating, studying and recommending rules, regulations, protocols, procedures, equipment and specifications regarding the preparations and execution of open water swimming events sanctioned and organized by FINA, the world's governing body of aquatics.
Ronnie is a successful businessman and visionary administrator who is among the longest-serving members of TOWSC.
History of TOWSC
In 1985, the FINA Bureau appointed a Long Distance Swimming Commission. Seven years later, the Technical Open Water Swimming Committee was formed in 1992. Allan M. Clarkson of Great Britain was nominated Chairman of the first committee. He was followed by Hans A. Beijer of the Netherlands, Sid Cassidy of the USA and Ronnie Wong of Hong Kong. The Honorary Secretaries of the Committee included Dale Petranech of the USA (1992-1996), Flavio Bomio of Switzerland (1996-2000), Shelley Taylor-Smith of Australia (2000-2008) and Flavio Bomio (2008 - present).
Members of TOWSC
1. Chairman Ronnie Wong Man Chiu of Hong Kong
2. Vice Chairman Jorge Aurelio Delgado Panchana of Ecuador
3. Honorary Secretary Flavio A. Bomio of Switzerland
4. Dr. Khwaja Aziz of Bangladesh
5. Valerijus Belovas of Lithuania
6. Tomas Haces German of Cuba
7. Samuel Greetham of Great Britain
8. Zouheir El Moufti of Morocco
9. Steven Munatones of USA (resigned in 2011)
10. Andrea Prayer of Italy
11. John West of New Zealand
12. Noam Zwi of Israel
13. Washington Beltran of Uruguay, Events Sub-Committee
14. Hatem Seifallah Mohamed Ibrahim of Egypt, Events Sub-Committee
15. Shelley Taylor-Smith of Australia, Events Sub-Committee
16. Dennis Miller of Fiji, Bureau Liaison