He has published over 20 articles based on his research on rip currents, coral reef-islands, and the 2004 tsunami and has taught at University of New South Wales since 2000.
Known as "Dr Rip", he is part of the OceanFit team and the author of the best selling ‘Dr Rip’s Essential Beach Book; everything you need to know about surf, sand and rips’. His award-winning videos can be found on Science of the Surf.
- Science of the Surf website
- Rip Currents, Friend or Foe?
- OceanFit website
- Rob Brander, OceanFit Scientist
- Marathon Swimming
- The Perfect Female Open Water Swimmer
- The Perfect Male Open Water Swimmer