From Openwaterpediamarathon swimmer who in the mid 1980's to early 1990's raced as a professional triathlete. The endurance athlete helped develop The Leukemia and Lymphoma Societies’ Team and Training Triathlon program that became the model for their National Triathlon Program used today. His company Fit2Race, Inc www.F2R.com continues to provide product for Team In Training and other cycling and triathlon teams around the world with wetsuits and custom athletic clothing.
In 1995 Lundgren and a team of four swimmers swam the Salmon River 465 miles to raise awareness of the Sockeye Salmon going extinct. The adventure took 25 days of living and swimming on North America's longest and wildest undamed river. That experience opened his eyes to what he terms his "wild side." As he explains, "living in the wilderness, away from civilization, allowed me to understand the depth and richness of our connection we all share with nature and the value of gratitude towards her. I grew to learn that gratitude is ultimately towards us (me) because there is no separation between us and nature."
Lundgren continues to explore his relationship with nature and more specifically water. He has gone on to participate in open water races up and down the California coast. He completed solo crossings of the Maui Channel and Catalina Channel. He participated in a six person relay attempt by the Night Train Swimmers to swim from the Farallon Islands to San Francisco and a six person relay attempt to cross the Sea of Cortez.
Sea of Cortez
His goal for June 2012 was a 78-mile (122 km) solo attempt to cross the Sea of Cortez. After 24 hours of swimming and only covering 31 miles Lundgren's team pulled him from the water.
Tahoe Rough Water Swim
- Paul Lundgren Sea of Cortez Swim
- Fit2Race website
- Night Train Swimmers website
- Open Water Swimming website
- Bay Area Athlete Across the Channel
- Swimming Solo Across The Sea Of Cortez
- Macro Concerns In Cortez, Coastally Locked Wave
- Swimming In The World's Greatest Wind Tunnel
- Tahoe Rough Water Swim
- 1.2 Miles Long, 1.2 Miles High, Tahoe Rough Water Swim
- Sea Of Cortez 2.0, New Version By Paul Lundren
- Man vs. Beasts In The Sea Of Cortez
- Paul Lundgren's Transformation Off The Grid Into The Wild
- Paul Lundgren Puts His Handprint On Training
- Expect The Unexpected Déjà Vu
- Cold Concludes Cortez
- It Was The Story Of His Lifetime