A pacemaker is permitted only on solo swims in the English Channel by the Channel Swimming Association at the discretion of the pilot. Only one pacemaker is allowed in the water at one time. Pacemakers are not permitted to enter the water until the swim is at least 2 hours underway. Pacemakers are permitted to swim for up to one hour only and can only re-enter the water until another hour has passed.
Pacemakers are occasionally used during marathon swims across the Catalina Channel.
- Inconsistent Rules In Marathon Swimming
- Jammin' Fast In The Open Water
- Wetsuits, Tech Suits, Swimsuits - Which Is Which?
- Rules And Regulations Across The Seven Seas
- Hallucinations In The Open Water Swimming World
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association