Open Water Swimmers for Clean Water
From OpenwaterpediaNew England Marathon Swimming Association (NEMSA), a non-profit member organization founded in 1976 spanning from Booth Bay to Narragansett Bay immersed in open water swimming, racing and watching guard over New England's waters. Its members have been swimming the waters of New England in the northeastern United States of America for over 30 years.
The organization retains its goals of connecting open water swimmers across New England, encouraging awareness in clean water issues, and creating or promoting open water swimming events - whether races, open water swimming clinics, or informal group swims in open bodies of water
The members of the NEMSA board of directors includes the following individuals:
International Swimming Hall of Fame
The New England Marathon Swimming Association donated the Irving Davids-Captain Roger Wheeler Memorial Award to the International Swimming Hall of Fame to recognize individuals who have helped grow the sport of open water swimming.
- Demonstrate their support of NEMSA
- Provide US$10 discount entry fee to 2012 Gloucester Clean Harbor Swim
- Are invited to participate in group training swims
- Are eligible for 20% discount on select products through Kast-a-way swimwear
- Enroll in NEMSA's newsletter, receive updates on open water swimming events and clean water issues throughout the year