Muir Beach is a cove, beach and lagoon located north of the Golden Gate Bridge, 3 miles west of Muir Woods along the California coastline. There are no lifeguards at Muir Beach. The northernmost end of the beach is popular with clothing-optional sunbathers. A 450-foot long pedestrian bridge connects visitors from the Muir Beach parking lot over the new floodplain to the beach, the Coastal Trail, and the new Ka'asi Road, which is multi-use and accessible.
Muir Beach Overlook is one of the many spots along the parks' coast for whale lovers to catch a glimpse of these giant marine mammals as they swim by during their winter migrations.
Farallon Islands to Muir Beach
- Muir Beach
- Muir Beach website
- Craig Lenning Has The Right Stuff After 47 Years
- Gotta Good Feeling About The Farallons
- Big Day Out On The Ocean (Atlantic Division)
- Big Day Out On The Ocean (Pacific Division)
- 4.4 nm To Go For Craig Lenning
- So Far, So Good For Craig Lenning
- Craig Lenning's 15 Hours 46 Minutes Ends 47-Year Hiatus
- When Technology Meets Channel Swimming
- Evans, Erikson And Lenning - Three With The Right Stuff
- Were Records Made To Be Broken (In The Open Water)?
- Q&A With Craig Lenning
- Veljko Rogošić's Moje Najteže Milje - His Hardest Mile