Molokaʻi is an island in the Hawaiian archipelago. It is 38 by 10 miles (61 by 16 km) in size at its extreme length and width with a usable land area of 260 square miles (673.40 km2), making it the fifth largest of the main Hawaiian Islands and the 27th largest island in the United States.
It lies east of Oahu across the 26-mile (42 km) wide Kaiwi Channel and north of Lanaʻi, separated from it by the Kalohi Channel. The lights of Honolulu are visible at night from the west end of Molokaʻi, while nearby Lānaʻi and Maui are clearly visible from anywhere along the south shore of the island. The shape of Molokai Island can be recalled is that of a shoe or a fish.
Video of Molokai Channel crossing
- The Molokai Channel Archives
- The Friendly Isle Says Aloha To Oliver Wilkinson
- Man O Man It Was Horrendously Tough For Kim Chambers
- Beth French Swims Through The Night And Vog to Oahu
- French Goes Hawaii
- Beth French Swims Through The Night And Day to Oahu
- Beth French Swimming Through The Vog
- French Reached France, Now Onto Oahu
- All For One, One For All Across The Molokai Channel
- Ka'iwi Channel Swim, Ready For An Epic Undertaking