From Openwaterpediamarathon swimmer from Egypt who currently coaches the Canadian Open Water National Team and the CALAC LaSalle Swim Club in Quebec, Canada. His year-round efforts to re-energize open water swimming in Egypt were nominated for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
Courtesy of worldopenwaterswimmingassociation.com
Mohamed was also named as one of the 101 Movers And Shakers In The Open Water Swimming World in 2012 and 2013 by the Daily News of Open Water Swimming. His work in Canada and Egypt on behalf of the sport of open water swimming was nominated for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
He competed in races around Europe, in Egypt, in Argentina, and in Canada including the Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001, and represented his native Egypt at several world championships. He set the record at the 1993 International Self-Transcendence Marathon-Schwimmen, a 26.4 km marathon swim in Lake Zurich, Switzerland which stood until 2012.
Marouf is the head coach of Le Club de natation Calac. He was formerly the head coach at the University and Swim Club Sherbrooke. He has also been an assistant coach of the national open water swimming teams of both Egypt and Canada at international competitions including Team Canada at the 2009 Summer Universiade
He received a bachelor's degree in physical education and a master's degree in sports physiology at the Faculty of Physical Education in Cairo, Egypt.
- Le Club de natation Calac
- Finishing A Marathon Swim Barefoot And Barrel-Chested
- Mohamed Marouf, nouvel entraîneur chef au club Calac
- Open Water Swimming website
- Mohamed Marouf Building Canada's Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- What The Mind Believes, The Body Achieves
- The Long Haul Preparing For Summer
- When The Egyptians Came Up Into The Swiss Alps
- Nabil El Shazly Leaves A Wide Wake In The Water
- The Mission Of Mohamed Marouf
- Quebec Hero Xavier Desharnais in Quebec
- Thomas Lapoint Wins Fran Crippen Cup
- 101 Movers And Shakers In The Open Water Swimming World
- When Egyptians Came Up Into The Swiss Alps
- A Love Story Finding Fate In The Open Water
- Abou Heif's Legacy And Leadership
- Rebuilding Egypt With Dreams Of Past Glory
- Mohamed Marouf Energizing Egypt
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nominees