From Openwaterpediaopen water swimmer and aquapreneur originally from Mexico who graduated from Princeton University in New Jersey. He founded eDreams, main sponsors of Marnaton, an organization that aims to popularize open water swimming in Spain. Marnaton organizes Marnaton eDreams Cadaqués, a 6.5 km open water swimming event that attracts over 700 swimmers, Marnaton eDreams Formentera (11 km), Marnaton eDreams St Feliu (6 km), Marnaton eDreams La Lluna (4.5 km).
He was named one of the 101 Movers And Shakers In The Open Water Swimming World by the Daily News of Open Water Swimming, although he did not swim competitively at high school or college. He started swimming on a regular basis at California in 1993. Since then, many things have changed but his love of swimming has remained a constant. Once he moved from San Francisco to Barcelona in 1999, he discovered the magic of open water swimming in the Mediterranean. He swims 60 km-100 km per month, 60% pool and 40% in the open water. His company, eDreams, is a sponsor of Marnaton.
He will also participate in an 88-mile (141.6 km) charity swim and relay across the Sea of Cortez in Mexico together with Richard Ernst, Susan Moody, Vito Bialla, Luane Rowe and Antonio Argüelles on 1 June 2014.
He also founded Swim4Good together with his wife Susan Moody and Emily Kunze. Together they produce a blog called OWswimming that focuses on various open water swimming topics and showcases interviews and guest posts with swimmers. As part of Swim4Good, Prieto, Susan Moody and Emily Kunze swam across the Strait of Gibraltar and raised $106.000 for Worldreader, a non-profit organization that brings books to kids in the developing world using mobile technology.
Marathon Swims (10 km and more)
Prieto has completed the following solo crossings:
- La Bocaina: Playa Blanca (Lanzarote) - Corralejo (Fuertevenrura) 17.5 km in 6 hours 12 minutes (2013)
- Marnaton Formentera 11 km in 3 hours 3 minutes (2013)
- San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge to Okland Bay Bridge 10 km in 1 hour 45 minutes (2013)
- Strait of Gibraltar Spain - Morocco 18 km in 4 hours 52 minutes (2013)
- Marnaton Tossa del Mar - Sant Feliu 11 km in 3 hours 45 minutes (2012)
- Ibiza Ultra Sa Caleta - Es Cavallet 11 km in 3 hours 25 minutes (2012)
- Marnaton Sitges - Castelldefells 10 km in 3 hours 10 minutes (2010), 2 hours 41 minutes (2011), 2 hours 58 minutes (2012)
A video from Víctor Rins
- Marnaton eDreams Cadaqués
- Team Swim 4 Good article with Rafa Nadal
- X-ray of Open Water Swimming
- MARNATON eDreams Garraf - Sitges event
- MARNATON eDreams de la Luna website
- MARNATON eDreams Cap de Creus - Cadaqués website
- Team Swim 4 Good
- Marnaton eDreams Cadaqués
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Marnaton eDreams Cup Redux
- Swim4Good Crosses The Strait Of Gibraltar
- Husband, Wife Couple Up At Marnaton eDreams Cadaqués
- Eloquently Explaining The 'Why' Of Open Water Swimming
- Swim4Good And Across The Strait Of Gibraltar
- 6 To Go 88 Across Sea Of Cortez
- MSF Rules Of Marathon Swimming Announced