Lynn Hazlewood is the U.S. Masters Swimming Open Water Committee Chairperson. She received the U.S. Masters Swimming Dorothy Donnelly Service Award in 1999, the June Krauser Communications Award in 2006 and the Captain Ransom Arthur M.D. Award in 2010. She is from the Reston Masters Swim Team in Virginia.
 Captain Ransom Arthur Award Introduction
It is with great pleasure that U.S. Masters Swimming recognizes this year's Ransom J. Arthur Award recipient Lynn Hazlewood. Lynn is truly one of U.S. Masters Swimming's unsung heroes and has been fondly called the soul of the organization. She is involved with swimming for all the right reasons - love of the sport and she is one of the unique adult athletes that pursue fitness and competitive opportunities.
Over the years Lynn's contributions to US Masters Swimming are many. On the national level, Lynn currently chairs the Open Water Committee. She has also served as chair of the Editorial Committee, Open Water Task Force, and Branding Task Force. One of Lynn's many strengths is the ability to effectively communicate within the group she is leading. She has a unique ability to make those around her feel valued in their contribution to the final product. Lynn also served on U.S. Masters Swimming executive committee as the Zone Chair and has been a valued member of the Communications Committee, Long Distance Committee, Publication Management Committee, and the Records and Tabulations Committee.
Lynn also chaired the Transition Team that was instrumental in allowing U.S. Masters Swimming to take editorial ownership of our member magazine. She continues to contribute to our communications strategy by organizing and publishing web content for usms.org and as editor of the Calendar of Events.
Lynn is also active within her LMSC. She has held various positions over the years, including club President, Vice President, Social Chair, Membership Chair, and LMSC Sanctions Chair and board member. Lynn was also a co-founder and is meet registrar of the Jim McDonnell Lake Swims, which is now in it's twenty third year.
Lynn is the epitome of a dedicated volunteer to U.S. Masters Swimming as shown by these few examples we have talked about. She is often the first person we think about when a new challenge faces U.S. Masters Swimming that needs an objective, reliable and knowledgeable leader - and while Lynn does not seek recognition for her work we are proud to give her that recognition as this year's Ransom J. Arthur Award winner.
 SWIMMER magazine contributions
- July / August 2010 Issue: Featured in "Tech Suits Add Flavor, But Swimmers Bring the Juice"
- July / August 2010 Issue: Featured in "Lynn Hazlewood Receives Ransom Arthur Award"
- September / October 2009 Issue: Featured in "Volunteer Profile: Lynn Hazlewood"
- September / October 2008 Issue: Featured in "SWIMMER Annual Planning Provides Direction for 2009 "
- November / December 2006 Issue: Featured in "Members Honored at Annual Convention"
- November / December 2006 Issue: Featured in "USMS Member Survey Results Provide Insights and Demographics"
- September / October 2006 Issue: Featured in "Annual Planning Meeting for SWIMMER Sets Stage for 2007"
- January / February 2006 Issue: Featured in "USMS Leadership Announces New Committee Chairs"
- September / October 2005 Issue: Featured in "SWIMMER Holds Annual Planning Meeting"
- March / April 2005 Issue: Featured in "A Message From the USMS President"
- March / April 2005 Issue: Featured in "USMS Web Redesign Includes SWIMMER Site"