Lesley Cherriman was the first woman to swim from the mainland of Western Australia to Rottnest Channel on 13 April 1969. The Rottnest Channel is a stretch of water between Cottesloe Beach and Rottnest Island, off the coast of Western Australia near Perth. It is site of the annual Rottnest Channel Swim, a 19.7 km solo and relay swim.
- Firsts in the Rottnest Channel
- Mair, Olivia.(1999) In the swim.(Feature on Perth to Rottnest long distance swimming race, the GIO Australia Channel 9 Rottnest Channel Swim which began in 1991). Perth weekly, 17-23 Feb. 1999, p.12-13,
- Rottnest Channel Swim Association website
- Open Water Swimming
- Everyday Heroes Swimming Breast In The West
- Ceinwen Roberts' Long Year Around The World