Kowal helped her college, the University of Georgia (UGA), to three NCAA Women's Swimming and Diving Championships. In 2000, she was named NCAA Woman of the Year and she was recipient of the Today's Top VIII Award as a member of the Class of 2001, which honors eight senior student-athletes each year. She graduated from UGA in 2002 with a Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.Ed). Kowal became a member of the United States Swimming Team in 1995.
She is now an elementary teacher in Pennsylvania and competes in the Flowers Sea Swim, the Flowers International 5k and 10k events in the Cayman Islands, and the Boston Harbor Swim, a Swim Across America charity event every year.
- Greatest Group Of Breaststrokers Doing Open Water
- Olympic Fever In The Cayman Islands
- Sea And Salt On Lips And Tongue
- After Hours With Open Water Swimmers
- Open Water Synchronization
- Flowers Sea Swim
- Open Water Swimming
- The Wait Is Fun Around Boston Harbor
- It Is A Swell Day For Secret Love In Boston
- In The Dawn's Early Light, Swim Across America In Boston
- John Zsum Gives It His All