From Openwaterpediafreestyle and open water swimmer currently living in Leeds in the United Kingdom. She is a world record holder in masters swimming in the 30-34, 35-39, and 40-44 age groups. She was the 2009 national inaugural champion for women's 10 km marathon swim. She started competitive swimming in 2004. and a member of the Total Immersion in the English Channel relay team.
Open Water Swimming Career
• 2013 New Zealand Open Water Championships, Taupo 12/13 January - Bronze Medal in the Open 5KM race.
• Denarau to Beachcomber 19 km Open Water Swim 2012, Fiji. 1st Woman, 2nd Overall. Womens Course Record.
• New Zealand Masters Swimmer of the Year 2010
• FINA World Masters Swim Champ and Gold Medallist 3 km Open Water, Goteburg, Sweden (Reference www.2010finamasters.org)
• Winner, Pacific Swims Plantation Island 3 km and 10 km Open Water Swim, Fiji
• Gold Medal in Swimming NZ's Inaugural 10 km Open Water Championship, held in Wellington.
• 13th FINA Marathon Swimming World Cup 10 km Swim Varna Bulgaria. (Refer Wairarapa Times Age 4 September 2009, Local Sport article, "When Push Comes to Shove it Must be Open Water Swimming.")
• Silver Medalist 10 km South Australian Open Water Champs, Adelaide
• Silver Medalist 5 km South Australian Open Water Champs, Adelaide
• 19th, FINA Marathon Swimming World Cup 10 km Race Hong Kong
• 11th, FINA Marathon Swimming World Cup 10 km Race Singapore
• Holder of the cup for 1st person home (men and women), first women and best new comer in the Kapiti Island to Mainland Swim, Wellington.
• Silver Medallist 5 km New Zealand Open Water Swim Champs.
• FINA World Masters Swim Champ and Gold medallist 3 km Open Water, San Francisco.
• Bronze medallist 10 km Oceania Swim Champs, Cairns, Australia.
• Bronze medallist 5 km Oceania Swim Champs, Cairns, Australia.
• 13th 10 km Australian Open Water Swim Champs, Melbourne, Australia.
• 7th 5 km Australian Open Water Swim Champs, Melbourne, Australia.
• Retired due to rib injury in Pan Pacific Swim Champs, Victoria, Canada from 10 km.
• 25th 10 km World Open Water Champs, Naples, Italy (competed with a cracked rib).
Total Immersion in the English Channel
The Total Immersion in the English Channel is an international 6-member relay team sponsored by Terry Laughlin of Total Immersion that will attempt a one-way crossing of the English Channel under the auspices of the Channel Swimming Association in the first week of August.
- Christof Wandratsch
- Kirsten Cameron
- Steve West
- Bernie Zeruhn
- Andrew Chamberlain
- Dave Warren
- Colin Hill (alternate swimmer)
- Simon Griffiths (alternate swimmer)
- Steven Munatones (alternate swimmer)
- Wayne Soutter (team leader)
- Terry Laughlin (sponsor representative)
- Elivar Sports Nutrition (sponsor)
- Total Immersion (sponsor)
- Kirsten Cameron in Wikipedia
- Over 40s team to try for English Channel relay record
- Baby Boomers Looking To Test Time
- The Boys Are Back
- Channel Swimming Association
- Why 6 In The English Channel And On Open Water Relays?
- What Happens In The Open Water, Stays In The Open Water
- Mike Bodger's 60th Birthday Present
- Preparing To Endure With Elivar
- When A Lady Pushes The Men
- How Long Is An Open Water Race?