From OpenwaterpediaDr. Keith Bell is the world's first Swimming Psychologist and founder of the American Swimming Association. Dr. Bell is an internationally recognized expert on performance enhancement in swimming who has worked as a sports psychologist with over 400 teams and over 15,000 athletes worldwide.
He has authored 9 books and over 80 articles that have been translated into 4 languages. He has been a featured speaker with Australian Coaches, Canadian Coaches, the Japanese Coaches Association, the British Swim Coaches Association as well as the American Swim Coaches Association. He has also written for national swimming publications such as Swimmers, Swimmers Coach, SWIM SWIM, and Swim Texas Magazine.
Dr. Bell has been the Sports psychologist for U.S., Canadian, Australian, Hong Kong, Fiji, Cayman Islands and New Zealand Olympic and National Teams.
He has twice placed in the top ten at USS Long Distance National Championships, set 18 Masters World Records, 37 U.S. Masters Swimming National Records, has at least 75 U.S. Masters Swimming and Canadian National Championship titles. He is married to 3-time Olympic gold medalist Sandy Neilson-Bell.
What It Takes: The ABC's of Excelling
An excerpt by Dr. Keith Bell, "Excellence makes itself obsolete. It's always a little out of reach. You may brush it with your fingertips, but you can't quite grasp it; for when it is touched it moves ahead. Still, it looms before you: beckoning you, challenging you to come get it, luring you to live your life to the fullest."
American Swimming Association Open Water Events
- May — The Money Box Cap 2k Open Water Race & Pledge Swim, Lady Bird Lake, Austin, Texas
- May — ASA Open Water Swimming Texas High School State Championships, Lady Bird Lake, Austin, Texas
- July — Deep Eddy Mile, Deep Eddy Pool, Austin, Texas
- September — World Championship of Texas 3-on-3 Swimming Tournament, Austin, Texas
- October — ASA Open Water Swimming Collegiate National Championships, Lake Travis, Texas
- October — Lake Travis Relay, Lake Travis, Texas
- October — Tex Robertson Highland Lakes Challenge, Highland Lakes, Texas
- October — Lake Buchanan Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 4-mile
- October — Tex's Darn Challenge Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 3.2 mile
- October — Lake LBJ Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 2-mile
- October — Lake Marble Falls Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 3-mile
- October — Lake Travis Open Water Swims, 1-mile & 3.6-mile
- November — Dam 5k, Mansfield Dam Park, Lake Travis, Texas