Kara Robertson is a coach with Swim Las Vegas, Nevada’s Premier Open Water and Triathlon Specific U.S. Masters Swim Team, is the race promoter and organizer of the annual Slam the Dam competition held in Lake Mead in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A. In 2011, 265 competitors, 85 water craft and 50 volunteers took to Lake Mead National Recreation Area for the Slam the Dam Open Water Swim. 4 countries, 17 states and 41 U.S. Masters Swimming teams were represented.
Coach Kara does the dirty work for Swim Las Vegas and regularly competes in endurance swims. She is an ASCA Level 2 & U.S. Masters Level 1 coach who loves to instruct beginners. She's a distance swimmer who swam 10.85 miles from the base of the Hoover Dam in 53ºF water, swam 10K from the Golden Gate Bridge to the San Francisco Bay Bridge, and has competed in numerous triathlons and open water swimming competitions across the country, all without a wetsuit.
Slam the Dam Video
- Swim Las Vegas Coaches
- Slam the Dam website
- What Happens In Las Vegas...Gets Leaked Out
- Open Water Swimming
- Self-serve Station At USMS Championships In Las Vegas
- Marathon Swimming
- Early Birds In Las Vegas Man The Dam
- U.S. Masters Swimming 10K National Championships
- The Legend Of The Mountain Mermaids Is Reality
- O! Bill May Is Total Synchronicity In Lake Mead
- The Longer, The Better For Kara Tracey
- Men vs. Women In Las Vegas 10K