From OpenwaterpediaJC MalickInternational Ice Swimming Association and works for Endless Pools.
Early on, until the age of 12, JC was advised by his parents that he was not able to take showers indoors and had to bathe in the Mullica River in Sweetwater, New Jersey (south central New Jersey) along with a bar of ivory soap and a bottle of Pert (both of which would float). This early indoctrination into water, although at first murky and iron clad, led to a passionate pursuit of swimming open water and being immersed whenever possible.
After selling their home in Sweetwater, Malick’s family purchased a house in Avalon, New Jersey (along the coast of the Jersey shore) and currently reside there bay side. JC is able to jump off the family’s back dock and train in a true “endless pool” with saltwater and marine life.
Aside from training in the back bays and Atlantic Ocean, JC works for Aston, Pennsylvania’s Endless Pools that makes the 'treadmill for swimmers' that produces a counter current to which athletes can swim against. Of working at Endless Pools, Malick stated, "It’s a great training aide and mimics open water swimming in the best freshwater, chlorinated way! Best of all, no flipturns required! I hope to introduce the product to the open water world as it is a phenomenal training tool to have in one’s arsenal!"
He competed in the inaugural Cold Water Challenge in Fairfield, Connecticut.
- Cape Island Swim (aka Cape May, New Jersey, U.S.A.) June 11, 2010 - 15.1 miles - 6:57:00
- Seven Mile Island Swim (Avalon/Stone Harbor, New Jersey) May 22,2011- 22 miles - 11:00:00
- Rose Pitonof Centennial Swim (Manhattan-Coney Island, New York, U.S.A.) August 13,2011- 17.5 miles - 6:24:53
- Ice Swim (Avalon, New Jersey, U.S.A.) January 15, 2012 38F Water, 1 mile - 42:50
- Absecon Island ("Round the Island", Atlantic City, NJ, U.S.A.) July 26, 2013 - 22.5 miles - 14:06:00
- Catalina Channel Swim (San Pedro, CA, U.S.A.) October 11, 2013 - 20.5 miles - 15:11:32
- JC Malick
- International Ice Swimming Association website
- Endless Pools
- Cape May Swim
- 7 Mile Island Swim
- Philadelphia Inquirer on the Delaware Bay Swim
- International Ice Swimming for Nate Meehan
- C3 - Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- Circle Tour In New Jersey - Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- Endless Pools
- Cape Circumnavigation Challenge Field Announced
- C3 Results From Cape Circumnavigation Challenge
- Cold Water Training Turns Into Cold Water Challenge
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 2.6 Miles Of Cold Water Challenge