From Openwaterpediaopen water swimming. Published in the UK but with a global perspective on the sport, the magazine is available on subscription in print or electronic formats. The publication covers all aspects of swimming outside from wild swimming to mass participation racing to long-distance solo challenges. It contains regular features on classic swims, training and nutrition as well as news. It also sponsors H2Open Day, a conference where the H2Open Awards are given.
Simon Griffiths, Publisher, Founder and Editor of H2Open Magazine talks about the world's first and only magazine devoted to open water swimming. "H2Open Magazine is a new publication for anyone who loves open water swimming whether you are a beginner or an experienced veteran, taking on a long-distance challenge, doing your first mass participation race or simply looking for a beautiful place to take a dip. Our writers include Kate Rew, founder of the Outdoor Swimming Society, Simon Murie, founder of SwimTrek, Dan Bullock, founder and head coach at Swim for Tri, Paul Newsome, founder of Swim Smooth, and Rick Kiddle, ex-international triathlete and coach to model Jodie Kidd. We also have a panel of experts to answer swimming-related questions including Steven Munatones, and Colin Hill, organizer of the British Gas Great Swim Series."
Staff and Contributors
• Joel Enoch is a sports scientist and triathlete. He writes nutrition features and manages the H2Open National Ranking Series that will launch in 2012
• Matt Dettmar does all the clever design stuff and makes sure each issue looks great
• Stuart Churchill looks after our marketing and is also an eagle-eyed proof-reader
• Simon Murie runs SwimTrek, the swimming holiday company, and writes the regular classic swims column
• Paul Newsome and Adam Young run the swimming coaching company Swim Smooth and write “Swim Plus”
• Kate Rew is the founder of the Outdoor Swimming Society and writes our Top Spots and Iconic Swim locations pages
• Dan Bullock is the founder of Swim for Tri and writes regular features on swim training
• Colin Hill devised the British Gas Great Swim Series and now works for London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG) as the technical operations manager for the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim at the 2012 London Olympics. He is one of the expert commentators
• Steven Munatones is founder of Open Water Source and the creator of Openwaterpedia and the Daily News of Open Water Swimming. He is also one of the expert commentators and regular features writer.
• Jonathan Knott is a freelance journalist and keen outdoor swimmer. He writes the lidos column and other features.
• Gerald Smith is a strength and conditioning coach. He contributes regular strength training features.
• Nicola Joyce is a freelance journalist and English Channel swimmer, and a regular H2Open contributor.
• Rick Kiddle is a former British Champion Triathlete and now a triathlon and open water swimming coach. He writes ‘Kiddle’s corner’
• Midgie Thompson founded Bright Futures Coaching and is a mental preparation coach. She is one of the expert commentators.
• Paul Hobrough founded Physio&Therapy and is a former international canoeist. He is one of the expert commentators.
• Emily Davies and Adele Page are illustrators who provide lovely cartoons and practical illustrations.