FINIS Tempo Trainer Pro
With the FINIS Tempo Trainer Pro swimmers are now able to develop consistency and avoid lulls with a personal pace coach. The small, waterproof device easily secures under a swimmer’s cap and transmits an audible tempo beep. Athletes use the beep to train smarter and discover their perfect pace. Now with the option to replace the battery, the FINIS Tempo Trainer Pro will last multiple lifetimes. The advanced unit also has a new Sync button and a new mode in strokes/strides per minute for increased functionality. The FINIS Tempo Trainer Pro includes a clip for dry land exercise ideal for running, golfing and biking.
Getting Started with your Tempo Trainer Pro (Swimming)
Find Your Ideal Rate: The purpose of the Tempo Trainer Pro is to help you find the optimum combination of Distance-Per-Stroke (DPS) and stroke rate. Start with the outer parameters of each and work your way in.
1. 1 x 25 Freestyle, with the Tempo Trainer Pro set at 0.40 seconds in Mode 1. This means that every four tenths of a second, your hand will hit the water. For most people this will be a high turn-over.
2. 1 x 25 Freestyle, set at 0.80 seconds. You will be amazed at how much slower and longer eight tenths of a second will feel. Reach and rotate with good DPS.
3. Now that you have established both ends of the spectrum, you will want to find that ideal setting where you are most efficient
4. 1 x 25 Freestyle, set at 0.42 seconds
5. 1 x 25 Freestyle, set at 0.78 seconds
6. 1 x 25 Freestyle, set at 0.44 seconds
7. 1 x 25 Freestyle, set at 0.76 seconds
8. Continue the pattern of adding and subtracting 2 onehundredths of a second per 25 repeat
9. At some setting you will find the perfect combination of stroke rate and DPS that will elevate the quality of your swimming.
This setting should also be your fastest 25.