From Openwaterpediachannel swimming, ice swimming, marathon swimming, or extreme relays. An extreme swimmer performs exploits in bodies of water ranging from a frozen crust of ice, or under the hot tropical sun.
An extreme swimmer may be synonymous with Winter swimming or Avantouinti or Ice swimming in colder countries. This requires either breaking the ice or entering where a spring keeps the water from freezing over. This may also be simulated by a pool of water at 0°C, the temperature at which water freezes. Extreme swimmers typically dip their heads below the surface to ensure that they are completely wet, whether or not the water is over their heads. They usually do not swim beneath the ice, as it is easy to get disoriented when turning around and not be able to find one's way back to the hole. Some extreme swimmers avoid this problem by swimming from one hole to another, or by swimming under the ice while tethered to the shore.
Videos of Extreme Swimmers
- Should Extreme Swimming Be In The Olympics?
- Shawn White, Apolo Ohno And Ice Swimming In The Olympics
- Winter Swimming In Estonia
- The Human Mind Is A Powerful Thing In The Open Water
- Their Skin Turns Rosy And Their Jackets Red
- Chilling Out In A Glacial Groove
- Ice Exuberance By Jerome Leslie And Elaine Howley
- Super Heroes Of The Ice Swimming World
- How Cold Can It Go? FINA Races In Cold Water
- Do Ice Swimmers Have Bigger Brains?
- The Dark Shadows Of Neoprene In The Open Water World
- Ice Swim Africa 2013
- The Personality Traits And Astrology Of Swimmers
- What Open Water Swim Could Be More Dangerous?
- Should Ice Swimming Be In The Olympics? Yes!
- If Ice Swimming Were In The Olympics, What Are The Rules?
- Colin's Conundrum If Ice Swims Were In The Olympics
- One Of The Most Amazing 100m Freestyles In The World
- The Polar Olympics In Murmansk
- Murmansk Mile Across Kola Bay Is Totally Cool
- So Cool, So Bright, Jack
- Henri Kaarma Explains The Impossible
- Statistics On Ice Swimmers And Ice Swimming
- Ice Swimming Exhibition At Winter Olympics Cancelled
- A Wave Of Winter Swimming Sweeps China