noun - Expedition swimming in non-competitive swimming in natural open body of water including oceans, lakes, rivers, bays and reservoirs, performed for pleasure, adventure or fitness at any time of the day or night. Expedition swimming is generally done with partners or teammates or with tour members as part of guided tours, along coastlines, in lakes or around islands, although it can be done anywhere. Open water races, competitions, camps, clinics, events, solo channel swims or marathon relays are not considered expedition swimming.
The team did some expedition swimming around the islands of Greece.
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- How Many Marathon Swimmers Are There In The World?
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- Travessia 14 Bis Held Today
- Open Water Swimming Bucket Lists
- It Takes All Kinds Of Aquatic Athletes
- Growth On Terra Firma Mirrors That Of The Open Water