Elaine Kornbau Howley
She was also recognized by the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame as the co-world record-holder for the fastest Boston Light Double, a 16-mile out-and-back marathon swim across the Boston Harbor (between L-Street and Little Brewster Island). She became the second female to ever complete the course. Completed on 12 August 2010 in 7 hours 7 minutes, her swim broke the 41-year-old record by 2 hours 23 minutes.
She has also completed swims of varying distances and difficulties including a 41 km in Lake George, New York; a 10-miler in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont; a 12.5-mile marathon swim in Key West, Florida; a 2.4-miler in 48 degree water in York, Maine, and an ice mile together with Jerome Leslie, certified by the International Ice Swimming Association in Boston Harbor in December 2012, and participated in the World 10-mile Swimming Championships held in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont on 6 July 2013.
MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming
Howley was one of the architects of the MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming.
Two Days In The Bay
"We have a goal of raising US$5000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and expect to swim 25–30 hours in the unprecedented 50-mile swim.
Live Online Broadcasting
Live online event tracking will be available throughout the swim - fans can access live and recorded video streams from the event here. Crew on Ray's boat will broadcast live on the top of each hour for 10 minutes and Elaine's crew to broadcast at the bottom of each hour for 10 minutes.
- Be A Trooper, A Century Of Open Water Swimming History
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame website
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation website
- NYC Swim bio
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming website
- Open Water Swimming website
- Elaine & Ray's 50-50 Swim Challenge
- Waltham Coach Swims the English Channel
- On Golden Pond
- Two Knuckleheads To Make Attempt For Red Jackets
- Ice Exuberance By Jerome Leslie And Elaine Howley
- Camaraderie Of The Community, Open Water At Its Best
- Elaine Howley Masters The Write Stuff
- Kingdom Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- 2.6 Miles Of Cold Water Challenge
- MSF Rules Of Marathon Swimming Announced
- Time Will Tell How Changes Impact Open Water Rules
- When To Stand Up, Walk, Crawl Or Swim?