(1) protect, conserve or call attention to the environment or ecology,
(2) improve or protect the welfare of marine life or the local or indigenous area,
(3) incorporate education of the natural environment or ecology,
(4) be conducted in an ecologically-sustainable or environmentally-friendly manner,
(5) be held in areas that are under environmental protection or that protect marine life,
(6) create or enhance environmental or ecological awareness,
(7) raise money or provides direct financial benefits for conservation, marine life or environmental protection, research and/or education,
(8) build awareness or provides education of a local community or culture,
(9) lobby local governments or officials for access to, protection of or a clean-up of a waterway, or (10) minimize the impact of mankind on the environment.
Their eco relay in the Amazon helped draw attention to the importance of protecting the native ecosystem.