Defeating Oceans Seven
From OpenwaterpediaStephen Redmond's quest to complete the Oceans Seven, a solo swim across the world's seven most challenging channels. The film was produced by Wolfgang Merkel at Red Bull Media House.
The film trailer can be seen here.
Oceans Seven is open water swimming's version of the Seven Summits. The Seven Summits are the highest mountains in each of the seven continents. Oceans Seven was first conceived in 2009 by Steven Munatones and is showcased in the film by Red Bull Media House called Defeating Oceans Seven that documents the quest by Stephen Redmond to become the first person to achieve the Oceans Seven.
Stephen Redmond from County Cork, Ireland is a former rugby player and triathlete who has become one of the world's hardiest marathon swimmers and a famed endurance athlete. The 2012 World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year became the first person in history to achieve the Oceans Seven.
Red Bull Media House
As an umbrella brand, Red Bull Media House offers a wide range of premium media products and compelling content across media channels as diverse as TV, mobile, digital, audio, and print, with core media offerings that appeal to a global audience.
Not only does it create content and operate media platforms with direct consumer impact, but Red Bull Media House also offers a vast range of targeted business opportunities for partnerships with other companies, media partners and affiliates. These include content distribution and licensing, brand partnerships, and advertising in its media. Red Bull Media House is on a mission to fascinate.
Wolfgang Merkel is a producer with Red Bull Media House, a multi-platform media company with a focus on sports, culture, and lifestyle. He was the Executive Producer of the documentary film about Stephen Redmond's Oceans Seven project.
- Most Grueling Challenge On Earth, Defeating Oceans Seven
- Defeating Oceans Seven trailer
- Red Bull Media House
- Stephen Redmond, Irish Icon, Jet Setting In Cannes
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offerings of the Year Nominations
- We Could Achieve - Stephen Redmond
- Oceans Seven Project Offering of the Year Nominee
- Filming Stephen Redmond At Night With Red Bull
- Film To Premiere At The Global Open Water Swimming Conference
- Explorers: Adventures Of The Century