Born at Sunnybank hospital in Brisbane into a family of five, his parents enlisted him in a learn-to-swim program at just 6 months of age as a means of safety.
2011 National Championships: - 1st in the 5km Open Water Event - 5th in the 1500metre pool event - 8th in the 10km Open Water Olympic Trial Event
2010 National Championships: - 4th in the 5km Open Water Event - 4th in the 10km Open Water Event
Having the persistance to always be improving. Inspired by Mahammad Ali, Steve Prefontaine and his parents.
2010 Samoa Oceania Swimming Championships: - 1st in the 10km Open Water Event - 2nd in the 5km Open Water Event - 3rd in the 1500 metre Pool Event
2010 New Zealand King of the Bay Ocean Swim: - 1st (3.8km event)
2010 Brazil King of the Sea: - 1st in the 700 metre sprint challenge - 7th in the 7.5km Ocean Swim
2010 Hawaii: - 1st in Maui Channel Relay - 4th in Wakiki Rough Water Race
2011 Shanghai, China, [FINA World Championships]: - competeing in the 5km and 25km events
The journey is what gives us happiness, not the destination - Dan Millman.
- Codie Grimsey personal website
- Brothers Grimsey Wins Trans Tahoe Relays In Record Time
- Neoprene Or Not, Trent Grimsey Is Hot
- Brothers Grimsey Go 1-2-3, Nothing Like It
- Open Water Swimming
- Trent Grimey Dominates New Zealand Ocean Swim Again
- Australians Head East Down Under
- Ky Hurst Has Swell Time To Victory In New Zealand
- Grimsey’s Adult Swimfit
- He Had A Great Run. Trent Grimsey Retires
- Brothers Grimsey Counting On Ridge
- Raising Kane In Tiburon
- Mateusz Sawrymowicz Ready To Take On The World
- All Eyes On Ous Mellouli And The Winner-Take-All In Tiburon