From OpenwaterpediaCape Peninsula, which is a mountainous and scenic landform that runs north-south for about 30 kilometers at the extreme southwestern tip of the African continent in the Republic of South Africa. Table Mountain and the city of Cape Town are close to the northern extremity of the same peninsula.
The cape is located about 2.3 kilometers (1.4 miles) east and a little north of the Cape of Good Hope on the southwest corner. Although these two rocky and beautiful capes are very well known, neither cape is actually the southernmost point in Africa; that is Cape Agulhas, approximately 150 kilometers (90 mi) to the east-southeast.
 Open Water Swims
More than 2 dozen swimmers have successfully completed a swim around Cape Point including:
- Lynne Cox in 1979
- Carina Bruwer in 2004.
- Keith Finkelstein in 2013.
- Theodore Yach on 30 June 2013
- 34-year-old Carina Bruwer on 6 March 2014 [women's record of 2 hours 18 minutes]
- 44-year-old Justin Coetzee on 6 March 2014
- 55-year-old Keith Struthers on 6 March 2014
- 50-year-old Monika Hayes on 6 March 2014
- 55-year-old Lindsay de Kock on 6 March 2014
- 44-year-old Anthony Pearse on 6 March 2014 [men's record of 1 hour 41 minutes]
- 36-year-old Martin Vleggaar on 6 March 2014
- 32-year-old Neil Hopkins on 6 March 2014
- 33-year-old Chris Westcott on 6 March 2014
- 45-year-old Charl Cilliers on 6 March 2014
- 40-year-old Clinton Le Sueur on 6 March 2014
- 24-year-old Rouen Smit on 6 March 2014
- 46-year-old Colin Gluch on 6 March 2014
- 61-year-old Richard Child on 6 March 2014
- Toni Enderli on 6 March 2014
- 14 In, 14 Out In Successful Swim For Hope
- Carina Bruwer Makes A Point
- Managing Motherhood In The Open Water World
- Theodore Yach Making A Point About The Cape
- The Feeling Of Finishing, From Fatigue To Felicity
- Peter Bales, A 73-Year-Young Legend Of South Africa
- Swim For Hope
- Swim For Hope
- Swim For Hope Facebook page
- Swim For Hope at Twitter
- BackaBuddy - Swim For Hope
- Carina Bruwer And 14 Make A Point Around The Cape
- Swim For Hope Around Cape Point Is On
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- How Tough Are You?