From OpenwaterpediaCancún is a city of international tourism development certified by the World Tourism Organization located on the northeast coast of Quintana Roo in southern Mexico. It has undergone a comprehensive transformation from being a fisherman's island surrounded by virgin forest and unknown shores to being one of the two most renowned Mexican resorts, along with Acapulco. The World Tourism Organization, through its foundation UNWTO-Themis, awarded the Best of the Best "for excellence and good governance" to the Trust for Tourism Promotion of Cancun on February 3, 2007.
Cancún is also the site of the Por La Libre and other open water swims and the Cancun Underwater Museum and an annual FINA 10km Marathon Swimming World Cup race that draws the top open water swimmers in the world.
Videos of the Cancun Underwater Museum
- Cancun Underwater Museum photos
- Cancún in Wikitravel
- The Colors Of Open Water Swimming
- ¿Por qué? Por La Libre
- The Start Of El Cruce From Cancun To Isla Mujeres
- A Gorgeous In The Water Start
- Mano-a-Mano In The Sea
- Why Open Water Swimming Is An Analogy For Life
- San Francisco Bay And Aquatic Park Are Hard To Beat
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming