From Openwaterpediaturn buoy or intermediate buoy or guide buoy in a triathlon or open water swimming competition.
Turn buoys are directional in nature and must be passed on a specific side of the body as race instructions dictate. Intermediate buoys or guide buoys are directional in nature, but can be passed on either side as the swimmers choose.
The swimmers had to go around four buoys in the 10-kilometer course.
1425–75; late ME boye.
Types of Buoys
- Triangular pyramid buoy or tetrahedron buoy
- Cylindrical buoy (used either vertically or horizontally) buoy
- Sausage buoy or banana buoy
- Spherical buoy
- Salmon egg buoy
- Custom buoy of a specific dimension, shape and color
- Open Water Swimming Turn Buoys
- What Is Impeding In Open Water Swimming?
- Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming Moves and Tactics
- Open Water Swimmers Toeing The Line
- Soft Or Hand, Left Or Right - Check It Out First
- Buoys Can Float
- Marathon Swimming
- Badges Of Honour In Open Water Swimming
- The Most Useful Swimming Inventions Of All Time