Bonaire is an island in the Caribbean Sea owned by the Netherlands. It is site of the Bonaire EcoSwim.
• Location: Dutch Caribbean Island of Bonaire in the Netherland Antilles, 50 miles north of Venezuela, 30 miles from Curacao and 86 miles east of Aruba, outside of the hurricane belt
• Course: start and finish at Captain Don's Habitat dock, along the coast of Bonaire. Water stops are available for the 5 km and 10 km races
• Distance: Kid’s pier-to-pier swim, 1 km (with and without fins), 2 km x 2-person relay, 3 km (with and without fins), 5 km, 10 km swims
• Date: December
• Description: Swim over pristine coral reefs amid beautiful marine life in crystal-clear warm waters
• Additional Information: Scuba Diving Magazine (January 2008 issue) rated Bonaire #1 as the world’s Top Dive Destination and Top Marine Life
• Website: Bonaire EcoSwim