BIG SOUTH Eton Swim
The MAXIFUEL BIG SOUTH Swim Challenge is part of the River Thames Open Water Swim Series and is held in September at the home of the Bray Lake Open Water Swimming Centre. It is a non-wetsuit and wetsuit-assisted lake swim 2 km, 4 km, 5 km and 10 km in distance.
The field is limited to 200 participants with feed stations available for the 5 km and 10 km swims.
7 foot Marker Buoys will mark out a clear course, which can be followed and watched by all spectators throughout the event. The 5 km and 10 km swims have feed & hydration stations provided by Maxifuel Nutrition. The 5 km will possibly be 2.5 laps and the 10 km swim will be 5-6 laps in Bray Lake.
Thames Open Water Swim Series
- 20 May 2012 – Royal Windsor Swim – 950m, 1.9km, 3.8km
- 14 July 2012 – Marlow River Swim – 750m, 1.5km, 3km
- 18 August 2012 – Henley-on-Thames River Swim – 750m, 1.5km and 3km
- 9 September 2012 – MAXIFUEL Nutrition Open Water Swim Challenge (Bray) – 2km, 4km, 5km and 10km
- 9 June 2013 - Royal Windsor River Swim
- 14 July 2013 - Marlow River Swim
- 18 August 2013 - Henley River Swim
- 7 September 2013 - MaxiFuel Big South Swim Challenge