Antelope Island To Black Rock
In order for swims to be recognized they must include the following:
1) Documented in newspaper, or observed by a Great Salt Lake Open Water volunteer observer.
2) Post 1940's: Receive permission from Utah State Parks to make contact with the southern end of Antelope Island
3) Swims must specify whether wetsuit was used or not. Wetsuit swims are recognized, but must be noted as such.
4) Support boat is required including observer to validate the swim.
5) Swim start location will vary depending on the water level. Swim must start however once the swimmer has reached chest level. Because of the lack of consistent starting location, as well as dramatically varying conditions of the wind on the lake, the times cannot be reasonably compared to a different swim on a different date.
6) However the time on the swim will finish once the swimmer clears the water at Black Rock.
7) It is preferable if the swim is accompanied by GPS data to also document the swim, but not a requirement.