She is coached by Lisa Anderson.
Carr was selected by popular vote as the 2012 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year in a global poll. She will be honoured in Cork, Ireland on 11-13 October at the annual International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame and World Open Water Swimming Association ceremonies.
World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year Nomination
Swimming for others takes on a whole new meaning when the swimmer is only 14 years old and the conditions are borderline wild. Annaleise Carr is the epitome of selflessness as she selected Camp Trillium to support on her marathon swim attempt across Lake Ontario. Through her courageous 26 hour 41 minute crossing of the lake, the Lake Ontario Swim Team member touched the hearts of people throughout Canada, motivating them to donate over $230,000 for the Trillium Childhood Cancer Support Centre. Through the night, over wind-generated waves come from all directions, and despite plunging water temperatures, the youngest 24-hour Club member never wavered and drew motivation every time her crew told her that more donations were pouring in. For maturity beyond her years; for her deeply felt commitment to raise money to support children with cancer, for her commitment to tackle a tough 26-hour swim, the new Lady of the Lake Annaleise Carr is a worthy nominee for the 2012 WOWSA Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year.
- Annaleise Carr website
- Annaleise Carr: Lake Ontario swimmer’s team key to her successful crossing
- Lake Ontario crossing: Donations kept swimmer Annaleise Carr going
- Annaleise Carr, 14, youngest person to swim Lake Ontario
- Canada On The Rise With Weinberger And Carr
- Solo Swims No Longer Lonely
- Annaleise Carr, New Lady of the Lake
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Annaleise Carr, The Young Lady of the Lake
- Annaleise Carr Is Anything But L.O.S.T.
- 2012 WOWSA Women Of The Year, Annaleise Carr
- WOW...Whatta Year Of Achievement
- Benjamin Schulte At The Head Of The Class
- 30 Open Water Swimmers Known By One Name
- [http://dailynews.openwaterswimming.com/2013/02/10-top-young-open-water-swimmers-of.html 10 Top Young Open Water Swimmers Of The 21st Century}
- WOWSA, IMSHOF Heads To Cork, Ireland
- The Colorful Backdrop Of Swim Miami