Anacapa is part of the Channel Islands archipelago and is part of the Channel Islands National Park. It is the smallest of the northern islands. The official 2000 census population was 3 permanent residents (Ranger Station in the eastern part of East Island). East Island's most notable natural feature is Arch Rock, a 40-foot (12 m)-high natural bridge.
 Marathon Swimming
Solo and relay swims between Anacapa Island and the California mainland are governed by the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association (SBCSA) that supports and sanctions open water swims to, from, and between 7 of the 8 Channel Islands off the coast of Southern California, USA.
 Julian Rusinek Scholarship
The Julian Rusinek Scholarship, funded by American open water swimmer Julian Rusinek, helps underwrite the costs of channel swim attempts by deserving American marathon swimmers across and between the San Miguel Island, Santa Rosa Island, Santa Cruz Island, Anacapa Island, San Nicolas Island, Santa Barbara Island, and San Clemente Island.
 Anacapa Island Swims
 Successful Crossings
Since Cleveland's two-way crossing, there have been 43 solo crossings to date (October 2013), including a double crossing by Paul Lewis. The one-way record is held by Jim McConica in 4 hours 38 minutes set in 2012.
 Relay Crossings
There have been 3 successful relays, all crossing in 7 hours 15 minutes on 14 October 2012:
- Team Jessie: Howard Burns, Charlie Christensen, Marc Horwitz, Mike Kendall, Alan Baumgardner and Corey Tabor
- Team Augie: Lisa Nordholm, John Stevens, Julian Rusinek, Morgan Empey, Vanessa Mesia and Mike Lane
- Team Coto: Michael Trudeau, Tanya MacLean, Jeff Conrad, Ben Putman, Lynn Kubasek and Cherie Edborg
 Inter-Island Crossing
Scott Zornig did the first 5.6-mile swim from Anacapa Island to Santa Cruz Island in 2007 in 2 hours 18 minutes.
 Board of Directors
- Scott Zornig (president)
- Dean White (finance secretary)
- Ned Denison (international liaison)
- Dale Mercker (safety & insurance)
- Dave Van Mouwerik (dean of observers)
- Lynn Kubasek (swim committee)
- Jim Fitzpatrick (banquet)
- Jane Cairns (historian)
- Evan Morrison (marketing)
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Anacapa Relays Swim With A Fin In The Water
- Lynn Kubasek Embodies The Spirit Of The Sport
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Woman Of The Year
- Santa Barbara Channel Island Successful Crossings
- Antecedent Attempts At Anacapa
- Generosity From Julian, Swimming In Santa Barbara
- A Big Swim Through A Marine Sanctuary