From Openwaterpediamasters swimmer and an open water swimmer with the Terrapin Masters currently residing in Maryland. She is a support member for Lelané Rossouw-Bancroft's certified ICE Swim which is dedicated to Meehan's son, Nate, in order for him to be able to receive a service dog from Autism Service Dogs of America. Alison more recently served as a support crew member for teammate William Shipp who completed the In Search of Memphre 25 mile marathon swim from Newport, VT to Magog, Quebec Canada.
Alison is nationally ranked in both the 50 and 100 yard Breastroke for her age group. ( USMS Nationals, Atlanta, GA 2009) ]
Alison currently resides in Cecil County, Maryland with her husband and two sons and trains at the local YMCA as well as in the nearby Elk River and Chesapeake Bay. Alison says the swimming community has been extremely supportive helping her son with Autism receive a service dog, and she claims her swimming friends are very much her extended family in which she is truly grateful for!
Alison hopes to continue her swimming career by participating in more longer, marathon swims in the years to come.
Open Water Career
- Swim Across America - 2010
- Kingdom Swim, Vermont - 2010 ( 3 mile)
- Kingdom Swim, Vermont - 2011 (6 mile ) ( 1st OA nonwetsuit)
- Great Chesapeake Bay Swim 4.4 - 2011, 2013
- In Search of Memphre 2011 - Vermont to Canada - part of a 25 mile relay (attempt)
- Potomac Swim 2012 (6 mile)
- Kingdom Swim, Vermont -2012 ( 10 mile ) ( 1st AG )
- Alison Meehan's U.S. Masters Swimming bio
- Kingdom Swim
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- I Got Stung
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming