Aleksandr Vladimirovich Popov (Александр Владимирович Попов); (born 16 November 1971) is currently a member of the FINA Athletes Committee from Russia for the 2013-2017 term. He a Russian former Olympic gold-winning swimmer regarded as one of the greatest sprint freestyle swimmers of all time, and the only male swimmer in history to win four individual Olympic gold medals in freestyle events.
Popov is also a member of the International Olympic Committee and represents the athletes on the IOC Sport for All Commission. He has been awarded the 1996 Russian Medal of Honour for contributions to sport and earned both a Bachelor's and Master's Degrees in Sports Coaching from the Russian Academy as well as a spokesman for Omega SA.
He won a total of 9 Olympic medals:
- Gold 1992 Barcelona 50 m freestyle
- Gold 1992 Barcelona 100 m freestyle
- Silver 1992 Barcelona 4×100 m freestyle
- Silver 1992 Barcelona 4×100 m medley
- Gold 1996 Atlanta 50 m freestyle
- Gold 1996 Atlanta 100 m freestyle
- Silver 1996 Atlanta 4×100 m freestyle
- Silver 1996 Atlanta 4×100 m medley
- Silver 2000 Sydney 100 m freestyle