1st International Masters Open Water Swim Race
The race is held on Yumigahama Beach in the Izu National Park in Shizuoka, Japan on September 11th 2011. Yumigahama Beach is a relatively uncrowded 2-kilometer long beach with decent surf and mostly calm conditions about 2-3 hours south from Tokyo by train where the hustle and bustle of the urban life can be easily forgotten.
The race is supported by the Minami Izu Town Shizuoka Kanko Kyokai (Shizuoka Tourism Agency) of Shizuoka Prefecture (静岡県・南伊豆町・南伊豆町観光協会・南伊豆町民宿組合連合会・南伊豆町商工会・ 伊豆漁業協同組合南伊豆支所・南伊豆町湊区) and Sapporo Bear and Sapporo Beverage.
Pre-race registration and briefings are held on September 10th. The course map is posted here.
The solo swimmer awards are categorized in the following individual age groups: under 18 years old, 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 5-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-75, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95+.
The relay awards are categorized in the following relay age groups (which is the cumulative age of the 4 relay swimmers): under 119 years, 120-159, 160-199, 200-239 and over 240 years.
- Course Map
- 第1回国際マスターズOWS弓ヶ浜大会開催 (1st International Masters Open Water Swim Race)
- 日本国際オープンウォータースイミング協会 (Japan International Open Water Swimming Association)
- Open Water Swimming in English
- In Memory Of Legacies In The Open Water
- Free Wi-Fi In Japan For Foreign Swimmers
- Free Wi-Fi In Japan For Foreign Swimmers And Crew